COVID-19: What We Are Doing to Serve and Protect Our Clients

Visitors Injured at Fayetteville NC Residence Inn Due to Carbon Monoxide Leak

A serious incident involving a carbon monoxide leak at the Residence Inn on Skibo Road in Fayetteville, North Carolina has resulted in injuries to several guests.  According to available information, a water heater system malfunctioned somewhere on the first floor and, as a result, carbon monoxide leaked into certain areas of the hotel.  Two people at the hotel were ultimately transferred to Duke University Hospital for treatment.  A third person was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center and was treated and released.

The most disturbing aspect of this story is that the hotel apparently had carbon monoxide alarms but they did not go off.  Instead, reports indicate that someone had to physically pull the fire alarm.

Read more about this story.

In a situation such as this, there are many unanswered questions.  For instance, when was the water heating last serviced and by whom? when were the carbon monoxide alarms last tested?  Hopefully, an investigation will provide more information that may be helpful for the victims.

Contact Information